Wednesday 30 October 2013

30 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 30

Day 30 - Your Favourite Book of All Time


Can I cry "unfair"?!  How can one, after decades of reading, choose just one book as their favourite?  Impossible.  So, therefore I will choose a few:




All of C.S. Lewis' books, basically because they inspire such deep thoughts and he writes as if you and he were having a conversation.  He is also very respectful, yet can be sharply direct and humorously witty.  I read at least one of his books every year.





I don't really think I have to even explain my choice with this one.  Austen makes all the characters so engaging and each play their parts with an unmatched brilliance.  I have read it a number of times.





I love how Bronte made Jane meek, yet with an unquenchable spirit, and Rochester is certainly not your perfect male hero however his character is complementary to hers.  The balance between them is precarious, yet perfect.  Excellent!





As for children's books, I will choose The Phantom Tollbooth.  A brilliant book for its play on puns and idioms, it is a fun read for all ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment