Monday 11 August 2014

The Monster Read-a-Thon - Update


My Monster Read-a-thon is now complete.  I knew that this week would be a little disjointed as I had a small diversion from my vacation to attend a softball tournament.  So let's see how I did compared to my personal read-a-thon of last week:


The Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman
~~  p. 368-end (143 pgs)

Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis
~~ p. 117-end (68 pgs.)

The Sayings of the Desert Fathers
~~  p. 45-67  (22 pgs)

The Way of King Arthur by Christopher Hibbert
~~  Chapter 1, p. 1-27 (27 pgs)

A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
~~  Chapter 1-2, p. 1-46 (46 pgs)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
~~  Chapter 2 - 7  p. 21-80 (59 pgs)

Barchester Towers
~~ p. 292 - end  (126 pgs)

Gilgamesh
~~ p. 1-166  (166 pgs)

Books completed:

Barchester Towers
The Guns of August


Total pages read:  657 pages


The read-a-thon was a little under my page count compared to my first week's Personal Read-a-thon, but considering the distractions, it's not half bad.  We'll have guests for a couple of days this coming week, but I'm planning to ignore them to read  ………….. ha, ha, I'm kidding (I hope you all knew that!).  I'll have to really concentrate on my reading on the days that I'm free.  For the next read-a-thon, which is the 2nd Annual Beat-the-Heat Read-a-thon, I'm hoping to complete a few more pages and a few more books.  We'll see how it goes ………..

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of reading! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to get through some of these books to diminish my "currently reading" list guilt. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow that is a lot of reading! This is the first I've heard of the Monnster Readathon but it sure looks interesting. I think I have something like 10 books on my Goodreads "Currently reading" list so I have a lot of finishing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm …… double your "currently reading" list and you'll have the number on mine. With the books being read on my Goodreads group, my projects, and series that I'm reading through (C.S. Lewis project, Barsetshire series, Zola's Rougon-Marquart series, and my history challenge), I'm a little overloaded. At the end of the year, it will be time to re-assess but right now, I'm just trying to reduce the list. It doesn't seem to be decreasing very quickly. :-Z

      Delete